Not just training, but ongoing support for organisations to improve outcomes by reducing the need for the use of physical intervention by our trained counselors and life coaches.
Our courses are:
- Bespoke in design for your training needs.
- RRN certified (where applicable) – we focus on Positive Behaviour Support training from a person-centred approach to reduce the need for physical restraint for a better quality of life.
- Taken seriously – Annual refresher training is required for courses that have a physical restraint component.
- Modular in design for flexible delivery; we can train evening and weekends to match your needs.
- Supportive – Login access for trainers, resource library and technique videos
Our Delegates Courses:
Our trainers will undertake training at your organisation or other local premises specifically designed to meet the needs of your organisation and staff members. Our courses can be delivered in a variety of ways such as face to face, virtual classroom and some elements via e-learning.
Train the Trainer Courses:
Our train the trainer courses are 2- 5 days dependant on your experience and qualifications in teaching and physical restraint training. Upon successful completion trainers have options to deliver training to delegates in their own organisation or to delegates in other organisations.
We offer other workplace related courses:
- First Aid at Work – This course is ideal for any employer or manager who wishes to become a first aider in the workplace
- Emergency First Aid – This course is ideal for any employer or manager who wishes to become an emergency first-aider in the workplace
- Fire Safety – This course will equip learners with the knowledge and skills to avoid the risk of a fire in your business
- Manual Handling – Injuries as a result of manual handling equate to over to over one-third of all workplace injuries. This course provides the knowledge and skills to avoid you becoming part of that statistic
- Health and Safety – This course gives employees the knowledge to protect themselves and others from potentially fatal accidents
MCB works with organisations to reduce the risks associated with behaviors of concern, aggression, and violence. We help different organisations to develop clear strategies around both planned and unplanned interventions to ensure a safe workplace for staff and better outcomes for service users.
Restraint Reduction Network
MCB have been approved by the Restraint Reduction Network.
The Standards have been written for training services delivered to education, health and social care services that support people with autism, learning disabilities, dementia and mental health conditions across the UK.
The Restraint Reduction Network is an independent charity that brings together professional bodies, government departments, people with lived experience, practitioners and academics. It is a coalition of the willing who are passionate about restraint reduction and human rights.
Commissioned by NHS, the Restraint Reduction Network Training Standards provide a national and international benchmark for training in supporting people who are distressed in education, health and social care settings.
The Standards aim to facilitate culture change, not just technical competence. They are designed to:
- Protect people’s fundamental human rights and promote person centred best interest and therapeutic approaches to supporting people when they are distressed.
- Improve the quality of life of those being restrained and those supporting them.
- Reduce reliance on restrictive practices by promoting positive culture and practice that focuses on prevention, de-escalation and reflective practice.
- Increase understanding of the root causes of behaviour and recognition that many behaviours are the result of distress due to unmet needs.
- Where required, focus on the safest and most dignified use of restrictive interventions including physical restraint.